Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Carp Fishing

The weather was perfect for carp fishing on Easter Sunday. There was a very light breeze, bright sunshine and I had 5 or 6 hours for fishing.

I decided to try a new spot today, so we headed out to North Hydro Park, which is located below the Ford Lake dam in Ypsilanti.


Hair rig with a boilie tipped with a piece of fake corn

Hair rig with 2 pieces of maize and a piece of fake corn

Hair rig with a pink pop-up dumbbell boilie

Hair rig with a pink pop-up boilie dumbbell tipped with a piece of fake corn

8.5 pounds

6 pounds

14 pounds
It was a fantastic day to be outside with temps nearing 70 degrees. This is a spot that I plan to return to again soon. It's got plenty of shoreline, plenty of shade, restrooms nearby, plenty of parking and it's only 4 miles form my house.

Here's a picture of my rod pod.

Rod Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.