Saturday, November 30, 2013

Places to Catch Carp

According to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources website the following lakes in Oakland County Michigan are lakes known to have high concentrations of common carp.

•             Big Lake

•             Big Seven Lake

•             Cass Lake

•             Cedar Island Lake

•             Crystal Lake

•             Heron Lake

•             Kent Lake

•             Lake Oakland

•             Lake Orion

•             Middle Straits Lake

•             Pontiac Lake

•             Proud Lake (upper & lower)

•             Stony Creek Lake

•             Upper Silver Lake

•             Valley Lake

•             White Lake

•             Wildwood Lake

•             Wolverine Lake

I've never fished any of those lakes to this point, but I plan to them on my "to fish" list for 2014. It makes sense that if you want to catch carp regularly, then fishing areas known to have high concentrations of carp should increase the odds.
Here's a video I found from carp being caught at Kent Lake:



 
The Ohio DNR also has some information available to help improve carp fishing skills for the beginner (like me). This information sheds light on some key traits and characteristics of carp behavior throughout the year.

4 comments:

  1. i fish a lot of pay lakes in indiana is there any up there worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of any paylakes here, but there are plenty of good carping rivers and lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if we decide next summer to come up there can you set us up with something. we use trout chow,rice,bean meal,and steamed rolled oats for bait. will these baits work up there around your area? never been up there carp fishing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they will. I know people using those items as baits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.