Thursday, December 5, 2013

Carp Fishing Tournaments - 2014

May 2014 is shaping up to be a very competitive month for carp fishing in Michigan.

C.A.G. is sponsoring a 2014 Midwest Regional tournament in Saginaw, Michigan on May 3rd and 4th. The event is open to participants from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. The first 20 to sign up and pay the $15 entry fee from each of the eligible states will secure a place in the contest.

The Wooden Shoe Carp Classic will be held near Holland, Michigan on May 17th and 18th. At this point the field is basically set, but there may be a few spots that come available in the event that some registrants fail to pay their entry fee and send in the appropriate paperwork.

I have never fished a tournament before, so I am pretty humble in my expectations and will be happy just to participate, observe and learn from others during the events.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to meeting up with you Brian. I've been less active the past couple years with the local scene, but hope to get a few sessions in and with old friends and new ones. Both events you mentioned are excellent chances at not only catching a lot of fish, but big fish...best of all though is the friends you make along the way!

    Tight lines,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,

    I am looking forward to spring so I can start fishing regularly again. I've never been to the Saginaw area either, so the trip is an opportunity to see some new parts of the state.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.