Monday, December 7, 2015

Carp Fishing Tip - Peanut Powder

My first two years of carp fishing I primarily fished with flavored maize with some commercially produced boilies utilized occasionally to add a little variety.

Last year I started making my own homemade boilies with some very good results. But after analyzing my results I am confident that I can improve the results from these homemade boilies by adding more protein to my base recipe.

When I made my boilies earlier this year I used items that I could find in my cupboard and didn't really put a lot of thought into it. I have posted the specific recipe previously, but here's the link again if you need it: Homemade Carp Boilies

A few weeks ago I was surfing around the internet and ran across something that will provide an interesting source of protein that I am going to incorporate in my recipe next season and it's readily available at the local grocery store.


Peanut powder

I am also going to try some of this stuff in my ground bait mix and see how it goes, but adding it to boilies is likely a better strategy unless I can find it available in bulk. The volumes needed for mixing it in ground bait are cost prohibitive in smaller package sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.