Saturday, March 19, 2016

Second Time Out Catching Carp in 2016

It was a cold day to be standing at the water's edge this morning. When I arrived at my chosen spot near Lake Erie at 7:30 a.m. the temperature gauge on my Explorer registered 26 degrees. Before I even opened the door I pulled the stocking cap down a little tighter over my bald head because I could tell from the way the vehicle was swaying in the wind, this session would be a cool one.

I scouted the venue once before when it was iced over, but today was my first day fishing the location. It has a lot of bank space and it's on a river known for a large carp population. Since Lake Erie holds some 30+ pounders (at least), I had hopes that I might catch a lot of carp and that one might be at least in the 20+ pounds range.

I tied on some fresh hooks, baited up with some corn and casted out.

Since it was my first time fishing the spot, I decided to re-bait every hour until I landed a fish. And after 3 hours I landed a nice fish with a wonderful golden hue.

A nice little golden bones to celebrate the weekend
Unfortunately it was the only fish I caught today, but with a 4 day weekend coming up I hope to catch some more soon.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.