Saturday, June 16, 2018

Local Carp Venues Hidden Possibilities

There is a lake venue 5 minutes from my home that I seldom fish. It has a reputation as a lake with smaller carp that range below 12 pounds. As a result of that reputation, it doesn't get a lot of love from carp fishermen. In the interest of full disclosure I do know someone who caught a 20 pound carp a while back, but that is very rare in this lake.

Earlier this week I prebaited a spot that we fished and it produced results. We ended up with 8 or 9 carp today. The picture below represents the typical size fish you can expect at this venue.

This fish was caught in 15 feet of water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.