Monday, April 22, 2019

Biggest Carp of Spring 2019

26 pounds 6 ounces
After a couple of days with rainy weather and below normal temperatures I took advantage of better weather and headed out to catch some carp. Day 1 yielded no bites or fish. Day 2 produced one bite and this 26 pound 6 ounce fish. It saved my spring fishing efforts so far, which have gotten off to a slower than expected start in 2019.

When I hooked this fish in 9 feet of water about 40 feet off the bank I was convinced it was a catfish. It thumped several times and then gave ground and then thumped some more. When Bill lifted up the net to show the bigger than expected head on the fish things turned happier for me.

It was difficult getting the picture just right though because he kept flopping and squirming. It happens that way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.