Sunday, April 11, 2021

Lake Erie Metro Park Carp Fishing

Lake Erie is a great carp fishing resource. Although commercial fishing for carp has impacted the numbers of large fish being caught, the Metro Park is still a nice place to catch a few common carp.

Access to the shoreline is tricky at the Metro Park. The efforts to prevent shoreline erosion have made it challenging to land fish. It's a little dangerous in fact. The big boulders provide very few level footholds. If you do fish there, be careful.

I caught a nice fish with near perfect scales there recently. 


It took awhile to turn on a bite, but I got two before the cold front turned it back off quickly.

I had an hook pull in the early afternoon that I chalked up to being a little rusty from not fishing over the winter. The fish ran like freight train and in an effort to slow him down I over tightened the drag one click too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.