Sunday, November 13, 2022

How to Edit Carp Fishing Photos

It's amazing what a simple cell phone and a free photo app can do to edit carp fishing photos.

Here's a demo of some editing I did this afternoon using Snapseed with a very typical carp that can be caught in most any public fishing area where I live.

You can take a very average fish and below average photo to make something interesting and convey a different mood to create something more interesting.


This is the original photo from my Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone.


I used a Snapseed filter as a first step.


I used Snapseed to brighten the colors and crop it to remove distracting objects.


I used a different filter to tone down the bright colors. Then I adjusted the crop a little more.


I brightened my face so it was lighter.

Most of the time I would have been quite happy with photo #3, but in the end I think #5 is my favorite.

It's easy to overdo it, but on cold days when its too cold for carp fishing playing around with photos is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.