Saturday, March 29, 2014

Planning for First Day Fishing in 2014

Well it's finally here...the eve of my first day of carp fishing in 2014! The weather this year has played havoc with my fishing plans, but it's starting to break with 40 degree temps last week and forecasts for 50 and 60 degrees this next week. But what we really need for a successful day of fishing is some sunshine!

I've got some new fishing gear and some that's used, but it's new to me. I'm lucky to have friends who have helped me with some hand-me-down equipment. And when the time comes, I will pass it along to someone else who is just starting out with carp fishing.

Today I have been prepping some hair rigs, organizing my tackle boxes, and packing my bait supplies. With the weather still on the cool side, I've also packed a few different jackets and I'll carry my Carhartt overalls along too. With mid-40 degree weather, it doesn't take a lot of wind to get a little chilly.

Last year I used pineapple flavor profiles exclusively, but besides pineapple I plan to experiment with some others as well.

I'll be heading to Lake Erie bright and early in the morning. Wish me luck.

Scout Look forecast for tomorrow:


From ScoutLookWeather.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.