Sunday, April 6, 2014

Saline Michigan

It was sunny, Sunday and 52 degrees today so we headed out to Saline for some carp fishing.


I tried out my new Power Wheel rod pod from Bank Fishing Systems that Santa Claus brought me for a Christmas gift. I use Okuma reels, 50 pound braided line and NGT alarms. The rod pod works well, but the fish didn't want to cooperate today.

I had lots of mini runs on that left rod, but no hook ups. I fished with panko, seasoned with cream corn and butternut. My hook bait was two pieces of floating fake corn dipped in 4 Seasons from World Classic Baits.

After my first casts I noticed a lot of leaves on my hook and lead, so I switched from Pineapple Maize to fake corn and that seems to work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.