Thursday, April 3, 2014

Carp Fishing at Belleville Lake Michigan

On afternoons when the weather is nice I like to head out to the local lake after work for some fishing. In my case the local lake is Belleville Lake in Belleville, Michigan.


We've had some very cold weather in 2014, so when the temp gauge on my car displayed 55 degrees on Wednesday afternoon during my commute home I couldn't resist the temptation to head out for a couple of hours of carp fishing.

I have been trying to catch carp at Belleville Lake for several months, but so far I've had no luck. I know there are carp to be caught because: 1. The DNR survey from 2012 said there is a 30-35% concentration of carp in the lake, 2. I have seen two of the best carp fishermen in Michigan catch fish from the lake in less than ideal conditions (26 degree temperatures). If they can do it in bad weather, I should be able to do it when the weather and water temperatures are more favorable.

I'm not going to give up trying. I live about  mile from this spot, so I can pop in for a couple of hours any time I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.