Saturday, June 14, 2014

New Carp Fishing Rods

My new Resistance Tackle carp rods arrived this week. ResistanceTackle.com announced a buy-one-get-free sale on fishing rods in May and it was a deal too good to pass up.

I have been using Wychwood 2.75 and Black Widow 2.75 test curve rods, which work for carp fishing but were a little on the soft side for fighting some of the bigger carp I've been catching in recent weeks. I opted for the Resistance Tackle 12 ft. Hurricane 3.0 test curve rods. The Hurricanes were $275 for four rods. Compared to the 2.75 test curve rods, the additional stiffness should help.

Eventually I will be getting some new reels too, but those purchases will need to wait a while. Since I'm currently using Okuma Avengers I am hoping to upgrade to Okuma Epixor's or Coronado's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.