Sunday, August 31, 2014

2nd Best Reason I Started Catching More Carp

When I started researching carp fishing on the internet and the Carp Anglers Group discussion board, I read a lot about using boilies for catching carp. I had no idea what a boilie was, but I ordered some anyway. The first carp I ever caught was with a pineapple boilie in fact.

But when I switched to pineapple maize, I started catching more fish.


Graphic courtesy of WorldClassicBaits.com

I purchased a 40 pound sack of field corn from Gander Mountain earlier this year and have boiled about 20 pounds of it up to use in my ground bait mixes. I don't know about infusing the flavor into the corn yet, but I am pretty confident that I could use the boiled corn on my hair rig and catch fish. If I try it at some point I will do it in small batches and soak it in flavoring under refrigeration. I am sure it's not quite the same as the vacuum seal you get from "commercial canning", but I might try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.