Sunday, August 3, 2014

Scouting Potential Carp Fishing Venues

I spent some time this week scouting for new fishing venues. One night after work I visited nearby Crosswinds Marsh in New Boston. The marsh was created in the 1990's following expansion of the Metro Airport, which included development of some wetlands. Crosswinds was created to offset the destruction with wetlands replacement.




Late July to August weather patterns have left the marsh with lots of lily pads, moss and vegetation. That is great for carp, but not so good for carp fishing. I look forward to returning to this spot next spring before the vegetation kicks into high gear.

I did not see any carp, but I did see potential signs. As we walked through the winding wooden walk-ways forming trails throughout the marsh, I noticed fish moving between the lily pads. Some of the fish were large fish, which to me indicates potential carp. I guess it could be large mouth bass moving the lilies like that, but some of the fish were large based on the movement.

Here are some pictures:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.