Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Favorite Picture from Last Fall

I put a 16 pound brisket on the smoker this morning a little after 6 a.m. I had hoped to do some fishing today, but changed plans to make some of my favorite barbecue based on a lack of readily accessible open water. With the warmer temperatures last week and this one; next weekend is looking pretty good to do some carp fishing. I plan to scout some areas tomorrow. For anyone who wants to fish with me next weekend, drop me a line and let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

While we're waiting for next weekend, here's a picture of a nice fish I caught last fall near Lake Erie.

Michigan Carp Fishing
This one was very close to 20 pounds

 
Firing up my faithful insulated upright water smoker
for a brisket cook today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.