Saturday, August 22, 2015

Four Carp and a Catfish

Today I returned to a venue that has been very good to me lately. The carp are not consistently large and range in the vicinity of 5 to 20 pounds with most in the lower teens with a small and large thrown in occasionally.

A couple of weeks ago at this venue I caught 15 carp. I was absolutely on fire that day and left with blisters on my fingers from fighting and landing so many carp.

Today my luck wasn't quite as good, but I landed some good fish nonetheless. Here are some pictures.

This fish weighed just over 20 pounds and was my big fish of the day

This was my fourth fish of the day and weighed in at a few ounces under 15 pounds


The second fish of the day was a scrapper

I even caught a nice sized catfish weighing somewhere between 5 and 6 pounds

I like the golden tint on the scales of this fish

I don't often catch silver colored carp at my normal venues so seeing this one hit the net was a real treat

The first two fish came early with the 20 pounder caught shortly after sunrise in the early morning. You can probably tell from the shadows and sunlight on the fish scales that the sun was still a very deep reddish orange, which brings out the nice golden shades on the fish.

My third fish was a unique silver color. The scales were nearly perfect and the silver shades are not that common in the waters I normally fish. Although I've caught much bigger fish here and other places I was pleased with the fish because it's not common to catch common carp with the lighter shades of green and silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.