Monday, November 16, 2015

Carp On, Carp On, Bang a Gong

I have truly enjoyed the prolonged fall this year and certainly took advantage of the extra chances to catch some fish. I had the day off from work, so after checking the forecast and seeing 60 degrees I headed out for what will likely be my last carp fishing session for 2015.

It's always a risk to fish this late in the season. It's a fine line with water temperatures that will prompt the fish to remain active. With the colder evenings the water is getting colder and it's inevitable that the bite will slow down before too long. Last night we had air temperatures in the low 30's. When I arrived at my spot today, the air temperature was 33 F.

I was fortunate to catch 9 commons today. Most of the fish ranged in the 8 to 10 pound range with a few larger fish for good measure. The biggest fish today weighed 22, 20 and 16 pounds.

Here are some pictures and a couple of videos of my captures.



22 pounds and change

 
20 pounds and change









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.