Sunday, May 15, 2016

I'm Not a Mailman, But I Do Qualify as a Carp Man

We made plans last to fish a "numbers" venue today. The location is near my house and with rain showers and high winds in the forecast I thought staying closer to home was a smart move.

When I arrived at the venue about 6:15 I was greeted with a rowing regatta and hundreds of people. There was a long line of vehicles waiting for the park gates to open and there were hundreds of pedestrians, students, rowing teams, etc. We decided to go with plan B at an alternative location about 25 miles to the south.

Arriving at the alternate location about 7:00 and greeted by sunshine, calm winds and blue skies things were looking up. But unfortunately, the clouds, rain showers and high winds caught up to us at the new location.

Fishing started out very slow as the wind and rain settled in for a bit, but when conditions changed to sunny, but still windy the fishing picked up a little. A familiar pattern developed. When there was sunshine, there were bites. When the sunshine hid behind a cloud bank, we had no fish.

It was a "grind it out" kind of day, but ultimately the patience paid some nice dividends.

Here are some of the 11 fish landed by me with the largest weighing almost 19 pounds. Neither rain, wind, clouds or catfish can keep us from landing a few carp every now and then.






 

Small mouth buffalo
Carp release
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.