Saturday, June 15, 2019

Bigmouth Buffalo

I got out for some carp fishing today at a venue which also offers chances to catch smallmouth and bigmouth buffalo.

Its been awhile since I landed a nice buffalo, big or small. That changed today.

The fishing was slow today, but picked up around 2 p.m. enabling me to land two fish in 30 minutes time.

Bigmouth Buffalo 

Common Carp
The clouds and periodic rain with a stiff 20 mph wind and 60 degree weather caught me off guard a little, but landing a couple of nice fish helped make up for it.

Buffalo pictures never really turn out to my satisfaction. Their scales are so sensitive resulting in redness which detracts from the fish a little bit.

Did you know?

Bigmouth buffalo can live up 110 years and are native to North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.