Saturday, July 27, 2019

Hot Weather; Hot Carp Bite

With a forecast high temperature of 88 degrees and 20% chance of rain I got out early, got lines in and guided 14 carp to the landing mat by 1 p.m.

At one point I was trying to eat a sandwich and everytime I tried to take a bite I got a carp run. Four carp later, I finished my lunch. :-)

I love days like today.

The carp from this venue are not big, but they are fiesty river runners that love to fight you every step of the way to the net.

I was fishing right in the middle of snags to the left, right and near side. I lost a couple early on, but dialed in the correct strategy by carp number four and had no further issues.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.