Sunday, July 12, 2020

Detroit River Carp Fishing

I fished the Detroit River Saturday for 9 hours.

I had 2 carp and a catfish by 8:30. Then another very stout, hard fighting catfish (surprisingly) at 10:30. I suffered through 4 or 5 hours of fish after fish getting lost in the massive weed bed that's developed in the past 2 weeks.

Fun all in all though.



When carp fishing, anglers are often disappointed to catch catfish. The Detroit River does have some pretty nice flatheads and channel catfish. For comparison though, my largest catfish is 12# and my largest carp is 37#. 

The record book for the Mississippi River reflects that catfish do grow bigger on average than carp, but accessing those big, deep holes that catfish thrive in on those bigger rivers is pretty tough for a shore fisherman like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.