Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Huron River Carp Fishing

I live near the Huron River. It's a short, convenient drive to fish there whenever I am short on time. This spot is seasonal and is not open year round. It opens around Memorial Day and closes in October (or maybe a little earlier). It's usually a good summer spot, but has been very, very weedy in 2020.

Here are a few Huron River carp I caught in 2018 in a very good summer fishing spot.

A couple of years ago I had the best carp fishing day of my life in this spot and landed more than 35 common carp in a 9 hour day.

I don't often grow tired of landing too many fish, but that day I was hoping for a reprieve a couple of times. Landing 35 fish by yourself, re-baiting, recasting, etc. in light rain and 90 degree weather will wear you down just a little.

2 comments:

  1. The Huron is a little gem of a river. I live 15 minutes away and whenever we get a rain storm I'm headed to the river shortly after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live real close, but my normal spot is covered very heavily in weeds right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.