Saturday, August 1, 2020

Detroit River Carp Fishing

Detroit River - We ended up with three common carp today before the rain became too heavy and frequent to ignore any longer.

If you are looking to fish someplace new, with different obstacles than a lake provides and like a challenge; give the river a try. It might surprise you. 

We think of the river as a vast open body of water, but you can catch.

I caught this one early 10' from shore

This one weighed just under 17 pounds

This one was hooked awhile before I realized it

You don't need to cast far. A few feet is fine. It will be easier to deal with current, weeds, boaters, lack of heavy leads, etc.

I've actually learned that heavy leads sometimes cause snags and lost tackle, so use the lightest leads you can get get by with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.