Sunday, August 2, 2020

Detroit River Carp Fishing Phone Videos

I snapped a couple of videos of two releases from yesterday's session at the Detroit River. This is a technique I often use when fishing alone at a lake or river where I can get closer to the water without holding the phone out over the water.




About the time I was holding the landing net in one hand and trying to take the video with the other, I realized the risk I was taking by holding my $400 Galaxy S9 smart phone out over the railing. Visions of me dropping the phone into the river never to be seen again were dancing through my mind.



A far better choice would have been to ask my fishing partner for more assistance with the net to allow both hands for securing the phone.

I also have a GoPro 5 that I really should be using more often as well. It's perfect for these types of video captures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.