Sunday, August 30, 2020

Quillback or Carpsucker

Ninety-five percent of my catches are common carp with an occasional mirror, catfish or buffalo. Yesterday I caught something different that I first thought was a smallmouth buffalo. Upon further examination I realized it was a new species for me.

The final determination may never be made, but 90% of those seeing the picture favor a quillback and the remainder lean toward it being a carpsucker variety. Either way I win, because it's my first catch of either species.




I had some time this afternoon and experimented with Snapseed and Pixlr to create several black and white versions of my favorite picture. Versions 1 and 2 have more tonal contrast dialed up than version 3. I favor #3 myself, but I can see that changing based on my mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.