Friday, September 11, 2020

Deeper Pro+: A Useful Tool for Carp Fishing

I have had the Deeper Pro+ for two years. It is a useful tool for carp fishing.

I have used the tool when scouting new spots more than for identifying actual fish location, but it is useful for both tasks.

The set up and synching with my SmartPhone was very easy. Using the Deeper, fishing or scouting for carp is pretty  straightforward.

Here are some examples of the capabilities:

Courtesy Deeper

Courtesy Deeper

Courtesy Deeper

The brown signals the contour and green signals vegetation. A fish is signaled by an unmistakable fish symbol.

During my first attempt at fishing a new spot on the Detroit River, the Deeper helped me decide where to make my first casts. The depth finder capabilities signaled that my spot ranged from 5 feet to 11 feet deep all within a 50 foot cast. It also helped identify an area relatively free of snags.


I should use it more and more, but it does draw battery power so when fishing alone I tend to conserve battery use in case I need to make an emergency phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.