Sunday, November 8, 2020

Carp Bank Sticks and Bite Indicators

It started a couple years ago when I posted a photo on a carp fishing forum and I continue to be amazed by it. The level of concern and criticism I have received for daring to place my bite indicator forward of the alarm has been surprising.

I have had many hours on the bank to contemplate the positive and negative benefits of both near side or far side placements, but I am not convinced it makes a difference.

The argument made by detractors is that drop back bites are not detected with the bite indicator forward of the alarm. Someone forgot to tell the small mouth and big mouth buffalo I've caught on drop backs, because I have caught my share through the years.

Additionally, I have fished a few times with a popular tournament winner who uses his alarms in the same method.



So, I guess the conclusion I've reached is that if it helps people feel better to criticize my preferred bait indicator placement - more power to them. Meanwhile, I'll just keep fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.