Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Bank Fishing in 2022

Bank fishing allows anyone the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, cast a line, and catch fish. There no expensive boat or tow vehicle needed.


I love carp fishing and it will always be my primary focus, but I will be branching out a little into additional species that can be caught from shore.

I live near a great small-mouth bass fishery, so I hope to add a few SMB catches to my shoreline tally next year.

And then there's Northern pike -

I have caught 3 or 4 through the years while carp fishing, but never "on purpose". I want to change that in 2022. This will extend my fishing season a little too because the pike bite starts a little earlier and stays a little later.

I recently watched several 25+ inch pike caught using live minnows and small perch as bait.

Of course, a sturgeon catch (from shore) has been on my list for the past few years and it remains a long range goal.

I am not a boat owner, and never will be, so I will remain solely focused on shoreline fishing. I plan to share more on the blog about specific baits, techniques and lures as well.

And if everything goes according to plan, I'm going to start a mail order and online marketing business that ties into my fishing addiction. If successful, maybe I'll finally be able to take some Jeremy Wade inspired fishing vacations.

In the meantime I will pursue some Detroit River Monsters.



2 comments:

  1. Time to learn how to use that fly rod. The Huron is a blue ribbon smallmounth fishery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.