Sunday, January 3, 2021

How to Attach Fluorocarbon to Braid

The Alberto knot makes it easier to reliably and securely tie fluorocarbon fishing line to braid. If it looks like an Albright knot, that's because it's pretty similar with an "improvement" making it even more effective.

I've always tied braid directly to the swivel and also tied braid directly to my carp hooks. But I'm seeing more and more discussion on fishing discussion boards and websites advocating presentation of fluorocarbon as a leader for carp fishing. The theory is that braid is detectable by fish, and fluorocarbon provides anglers a slight edge. Fish find fluorocarbon more difficult to detect, which should translate to a higher catch rate.



I haven't tried this knot yet, but I definitely will. I found this on a "how to catch pike" web page, but you can never learn to many fishing - can you?

I only use two good fishing knots for all of my carp fishing exploits: 

  • Palomar knot link
  • Knotless knot aka "hair rig" link
And know I'll add the Alberto knot to my repertoire, which will prove useful for more of my bank fishing efforts to catch some pike and sturgeon in 2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.