Saturday, May 22, 2021

Less is More When Packing

I spent some time yesterday reorganizing my carp wagon. 

My gear lives in the carp wagon 24x7 during the fishing months. (I do refrigerate l0eft over field corn, boilies and bird seed used in my packbait.)

Summer time river carping a couple of years ago

I was able to remove about 12 pounds of unnecessary  weight from my tackle backpack. I also removed another 6 pounds in miscellaneous items that are "nice to haves" but not critical for fishing (ex. 7 cans of cream corn).

I will keep the extra items in my vehicle so they are available, but there is no need to haul it all to the site every time. Example - I was carrying 6 oz, 5 oz and 4 1/2 oz leads to my calm lake spots every time I went fishing. I organized the leads by size in my carp closet, so when I go to the river I'll grab a handful as needed.

Traveling lighter will help make the long walk back to the parking lot a little easier after those all day sessions this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.