Sunday, May 16, 2021

Urban River Carp Fishing

Saturday started off with great promise, but it didn't last.

An hour after casting the first time, a drop back indication and short battle of wills later this nice common carp landed in the net.

I was talking to my fishing partner and facing in the opposite direction when my partner told me I had a fish on the line. 

The alarm did not sound at all, but the bite indicator was hanging low without tension indicating that the fish hooked himself and then swam towards the bank.

This river fish did not give up easily. Diving deep into mid-river he had no intention of being caught. 

A few minutes later he made a last ditch effort at freeing the hook from the bottom lip by swimming directly toward the bank at speed. 

I've noticed in the past that some bigger (e.g. older) carp and buffalo often charge the shoreline indicating to me that they've probably been hooked before. And, sometimes charging the bank works, but not this time, as the picture and video below will attest.

I enjoy release videos a lot. This nice common carp swam away in slow motion to live on and potentially be caught again by another urban carp angler.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.