Sunday, June 6, 2021

Making Carp Photos More Interesting

I used to post a lot of carp fishing photos on my personal social media pages. It became inevitable that one of non-fishing friends would comment or tease me about the poses and pictures all looking alike. Now I mainly post the photos in a fishing group page where the readers/viewers have a bigger interest in seeing them, which has helped reduce those type of comments. 

But, I do still share carp photos on my personal page if its an unusual fish that has unique size, color, location, weight, etc. I have also tried to add variety to them to help appease my friends and family. 

An easy way to do that is with Google's color pop feature via Google Photos.

Here are are a few color pop photo conversions from the past couple of years:

Carp Color Pop Photo

This mid teens carp is from the Rouge River in suburban Detroit.

Color Pop Carp Conversion

I caught this fish at Elizabeth Park in Trenton.

Carp Fishing Color Pop

And here's one from the Huron River in Ypsilanti.

I've been surprised at the attention to detail people pay when viewing my fishing photos. I receive a lot of comments about my hat choices. So, that's another easy way to add some variety and fun for friends and family.

I'm a Cardinals fan and Ford employee, so those hats are my "go to" head gear for many of my photos.

My good friends in Tennessee are big fans of Mississippi State football, so they sent me a MSU hat that I have also worn in the past for something fun. They actually loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.