Saturday, July 3, 2021

Detroit River Carp Fishing for Lower Stress

"I don't need therapy, I just need to go fishing." I get mine most Saturdays, from April to early in November. 

Forty-six million people can't be wrong.

There are actually fishing therapy programs popping up across the country. 

I caught these carp today from the Detroit River.

Michigan Carp Fishing

I am speaking generically about therapy. Please consult a professional if you think you may need therapy or counseling. 

Fishing has provided me a powerful way to unwind and de-stress after a work week. It's difficult to successfully catch fish while angry. Trust me, because I have tried many times.

There are so many details involved in successfully catching fish that a calm and cool approach is needed.

Fishing usually occurs in nature, in peaceful surroundings, which has been a source of meditation for me. My blood pressure reduces just thinking about fishing. Sitting by the water adds a calm that is sometimes difficult to find sitting on the couch.

The next time you are stressed, try tieing a few fishing rigs. It's difficult to tie a fishing rig while anxious, upset or uptight. In my experience, the act of rigging baits for fishing forces me to become calm and very "Zen".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.