Saturday, May 28, 2022

Detroit River Carp Fishing

Greetings carp fishing fans. 

I hope you all get a chance to get out soon and enjoy some fishing. 

The weather today was fabulous and the fish were biting at the Detroit River this morning. I ended up with about 10 carp ranging from fair to midland, but with 4 fish between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m and netting 3 of them singlehandedly over a railing about 8 feet from the water, it kept me entertained. 

If you haven't fished the river, you should try it. Find a current break and start casting. You might get a surprise or two. 

My largest Detroit River carp is 26# and second best is 24#. Most will probably be 10 - 12 pounds unless you find some spots I haven't discovered yet. (I don't prebait. I just show up and start fishing.)

Here are some pics. 

Detroit River Carp Fishing
Fun day fish for carp


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.