Sunday, April 12, 2015

First Fish Caught in 2015 (and 4 more)

Yesterday was the first very nice day we've had in 2015 on a weekend and I waited all week to get out and enjoy it. I was hoping the warmer weather would help with the chances of landing my first carp in 2015. With water temperatures hovering near 48 degrees, my hopes were high.

I landed the first fish shortly after 8 a.m. and another after 9 a.m.

The third was landed in the early afternoon and then two more between 4:30 and 5:00. It was a nice day on the bank and the sunshine certainly helped a lot.

Started the day with this little guy

Landed this 20 pounder about an hour later

Waited several hours for the third fish

This one sounded the middle alarms about 4:30

This one made the left rod scream just before 5 p.m.

It was a wet swim, but pretty productive after all. The muck boots were a must have for this spot.
It was must first time using butternut flavoring and it did not disappoint. Overall the flavor was very productive with bites throughout the day, 6 fish hooked and 5 landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.