Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Saginaw River Carp Anglers Group Fish In

We headed to Saginaw on Saturday in search of big Michigan carp and a new personal best common carp. This social event provided a nice orientation to the river in advance of the CAG Regional in early May 2015.

During last year's event I caught 3 carp and a pike so hopefully with a little practice I can do better this time around.

My goal for Saturday was to catch a lot of carp and in the back of my mind I was hoping to catch a new personal best weighing in at more than 26 pounds to provide a new personal best.

I caught 2 carp and a catfish on Saturday.

My first fish on the Saginaw River near Bay City in 2015

My third fish (second carp) in the range of 15 to 16 pounds.

I didn't get a new personal best, but the weather was excellent and I enjoyed fishing with some of the Michigan members of the Carp Anglers Group. We'll be back in Saginaw in early May for the Regionals. I hope I can sort things out a little before then and catch some more fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.