Sunday, June 28, 2015

Lucky Seven Carp Today

I usually fish on Saturday's, but with the rain yesterday I had to wait for Sunday.

We got out early and fished until about 2 p.m. The fish weren't in a feeding frenzy by any means but the action was fairly steady all day. It would have been better if I'd figured out that the carp were only hungry for boilies today and not maize.

I caught all but one of the carp on my homemade habanero boilies.

I really like the colors on this fish

Fish from this lake are generally darker in color than some of the other lakes we fish

This 17 pounder had very light and very interesting scale patterns. It was the biggest fish I caught today.

 I got a new cell phone. So far I am liking the picture quality of these 21 megapixel photos.

One of these days I am going to learn to pose my fish pictures in the shade to prevent the glare seen on this nice fish.

This is the typical size for carp in this lake

A nice looking fish that came close to the session's end as I was beginning to pack up to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.