Sunday, June 14, 2015

Thoughts About Carp Fishing

To whom it may concern,

As a carp angler who enjoys traditional rod and reel angling at carp tournaments in Michigan and recreationally almost every weekend in spring, summer and fall in Southeastern Michigan, I encourage Catch and Release carp fishing for trophy sized carp. I've seen such great joy in faces, young and old, when a large 25 pound common carp or 20 pound small mouth buffalo carp are landed. Many people from neighboring states including Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois actually travel to Michigan to fish for these large fish providing significant economic impact to Michigan communities. 

Brian Pearcy

Belleville, MI

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to drop you a line and say that I enjoy the blog. I live in Bay City within walking distance of the Saginaw River and just started fishing again the summer after not fishing much at all in the past 15 years. Landing a big carp is always such a thrill it always has baffled me why it hasn't been more popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, Thanks for commenting. You live in a carp fishing mecca for Michigan. Saginaw River has some very large carp to be caught. I am glad you are enjoying the blog. Hopefully it will stop raining and I can get out and do some fishing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.