Thursday, June 18, 2015

TUF Line XP Alternative to PowerPro

Courtesy Amazon.com
I have been using TUF Line XP braided fishing line this year instead of Power Pro. It's less expensive than Power Pro at times when buying 1,200 or 1,500 yards to spool up multiple reels.
Aerospace technololgy has been utilized to produce this high performance fishing line. Tension Lock Technology TUF Line XP is produced under high tensions allowing more compaction of the fibers during the finishing process. This line is more compact, smaller in diameter, packs better on reels, offers better knot performance, casts farther, reduces rod tip wraps, and has higher abrasion resistance. Available in green, red, yellow and white.
Amazon currently has 1,200 yards for $118. Power Pro typically sells for about $150 on Amazon although it's occasionally available for less. They also have 2,500 yards for $173, which I think is a real bargain. That's enough to spool up 8 or 9 reels, which for me is 3 or 4 years worth of carp fishing.

In my experience braided line does not deteriorate with age like monofilament does, so it does not bother me at all to stock pile some extra line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.