Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Budget Carp Alarms

When I started carp fishing I didn't want to spend a lot of money on carp bite indicating alarms. I fished without alarms for most of my 1st year of exclusively fishing for carp. And now after 3 years of carp fishing and catching 100's of fish I still don't want to spend a lot of money on bite alarms. I just don't think it's necessary. Instead of $300 on alarms, I'd rather spend $300 on other things - like funding my retirement account!

Photo courtesy NGTdirect.co.uk
I purchased some inexpensive NGT and BFS alarms from Resistance Tackle and Bank Fishing Systems a couple years ago and I am still using them. They work fine and get the job done. I bought them for under $20 each and have been quite satisfied with the results.

But when I do replace them, options have slimmed down quite a bit. Resistance Tackle and Bank Fishing Systems are no longer in business and the majority of alarms available through the remaining U.S. carp gear vendors are not designed for the extremely budget conscious angler. However, I did run across a new NGT design available through Big Carp Tackle that is still on the affordable side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.