Friday, October 4, 2019

October is Carp Fishing Discovery Month



I left the house early today to do some exploratory carp fishing in the Jackson County area. We arrived at the first spot at 6:30 a.m. with it still pitch black. I used the flashlight on my cell phone and quickly determined that the access for fishing was extremely limited.

What looked like wide open bank space on Google Maps was actually posted "no trespassing" and "private property". It ended up being the driveway to a lakefront residence, unfortunately. It looks like it used to be part of the park, but not any more. :-(

So we headed to an alternate spot 12 miles away near a boat ramp that I've actually looked at previously. With the weather, the boat traffic was very sporadic but I'm not really sure there were any fish in the swim.

There were not signs of fish surfacing at all, but we tried for 3 hours or so. But with no beeps and no signs of fish, we determined that the day was a bust.

Has anyone else been out this week in the spirit of "Discovery Month"?

Have you "discovered" some new fishing spots?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.