Saturday, December 21, 2019

Don't Apologize for Catching Fish

Today I saw a post on a popular Facebook Group of a spectacular looking fantail carp.

The poster had taken some stunning pictures of the fish, which would be a once in a lifetime fish for most carp fishermen around where I live.

The poster felt a need to apologize for the fish not being very "big" (i.e. less than 30#).

The fish was likely a mid-teens fish, but the weight is beside the point. For me, those comments apologizing for the size detracts from the great looking fish.

I did the same thing in the past myself. As carp fishermen I think we sometimes place too much importance on weight. I'm getting away from posting weights on my catches unless it's a 20# plus fish (and I don't post all of those depending on the body of water).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.