Saturday, October 23, 2021

A Pair of Common Carp

A couple of Michigan common carp caught near Lake Erie.

This spot used to be a very popular Southeastern Michigan venue for carp fishing, but after commercial fishing cleaned it out a few years ago it's lost a lot of it's shine and curb appeal. 

With some less-than-perfect conditions this morning, I wanted to stay close to my vehicle and not walk very far to fish. 

The temperatures hovered around 44 - 45 with a strong wind and heavy cloud cover. It was positively miserable for fishermen (and the fish weren't thrilled either apparently). 

I did manage a fish early and another while packing up (one of my favorite kind).

This carp played with the hook bait for 15 minutes before sounding the alarm

I got this one while packing up


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.