Friday, October 22, 2021

Michigan October Carp Fishing

After watching the weather report this morning it dawned on me that the weather is turning colder and my potential fishing days are becoming fewer. 

With forecast highs of 53 for today, I knew it would be pretty chilly to start off at this inland lake. The temperature upon arrival registered 36 on my vehicle gauge. There wasn't any frost today, but it's on the way, I'm sure. 

I started catching fish immediately and kept catching them every 20 to 30 minutes until noon-ish. After no more fish at 2 p.m., a change in wind direction and heavy cloud cover; I decided that 9 catches with one just under 22#'s turned out to be a better day than anticipated.

Fall Carp Fishing in Michigan

Most of the 9 carp I caught today were in the upper teens with the largest weighing just shy of 22 pounds.

I've noticed a trend in carp fishing that the largest fish is quite often one of the first couple of fish that are caught during a session. It pays to be on-your-game when you make the first casts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.