Saturday, October 2, 2021

Back at the Detroit River

To cap off a weekend of good weather and good Michigan carp fishing, we headed back to the Detroit River this morning in search of El Diablo, Godzilla, and King Kong...carp. 

The foot traffic was very light. The wind was minimal. The classic rock on the USB kept us entertained. The tunes brought back some memories from 30 years ago when KFMZ was THE station in Columbia, MO (now defunct I think). And, the carp bite was steady at times but (as is normal at the river) cut off at noon.

I got my first fish before dawn and the last around 11:30 or so, ending with a smattering of fiesty youngsters determined to avoid the net.  

Here are some pictures. I wish I could fish at night someplace like this because the photos turn out pretty well under the lights.

Detroit River carp fishing


If you like catching carp, but haven't tried carp fishing on the Detroit River, what's holding you back?

The next carp you catch could be the fish of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.