Saturday, May 31, 2014

Morning Carp Session

We spent the day fishing. We arrived at 6:01 a.m. and had lines in the water by 6:30 with the first fish on the landing mat about an hour later.




We spent the next 3 1/2  hours wondering if spending the day fishing was a good idea after all. Fish were jumping to the right, left and center. At times it seemed like they were laughing at us. They did everything but bite a hook.

We were using panko, cream corn and butternut flavoring. Occasionally I would mix up a batch of panko with pineapple flavoring. Today, the fish like pineapple better. The pineapple worked them up into a feasting frenzy.

At one point I was landing them on alternating rods every 10 minutes. I could barely land them, take a picture, get them back in the water and re-cast the rods fast enough. We even had a double run (see picture below).











20 pounds



I wore a blister on my left index finger from reeling so much today. That's a very nice problem to have in my book.

And for those more inclined to watch video, here are a few of today's catches in video format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.