Sunday, July 6, 2014

Detroit River Carp Fishing

We headed out to a spot on the Detroit River to catch some large carp today, but someone forgot to tell the fish. We had no carp hook-ups today. There were carp surfacing in the area near us, but none were interested in our Panko and corn. I offered up some boilies later in the day with no takers.

My wife snapped a few pictures near sunrise that turned out pretty well.

Sunrise on the Detroit River

Setting up for a day of carp fishing on the Detroit River near Trenton
 
First cast of the day
It was a beautiful day to be outside enjoying the river view. It was pleasant with a gentle breeze and sunshine all day. Too bad the carp didn't come to join the party.

My best carp from this spot is 12 lbs. but I know the Detroit River has more to offer. I'll keep trying this spot from time-to-time because I know it holds a lot of promise for a new personal best carp. I don't think 30 lbs. is out of the question at all. It's a big river, so I am sure it has some B-I-G carp just waiting to be caught.

2 comments:

  1. Just checking in here... any viable sight fishing for carp in St. Joseph MI area? Might take my family there early August. If you have any notes, please contact me via my blog. Thanks and tight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,

    Thanks for stopping by. I haven't fished in St. Joe yet, but the St. Joe River has a good reputation for fly fishing. It's reported to be a good area for steelhead. Here a link to some more information I found for you: http://perfectflystore.com/wstjosephr.html. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.