Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4th Carp Fishing - Belleville Lake Michigan

Picture courtesy Michigan DNR web page
I haven't been able to fish for carp in 3 weeks time due to family commitments, so I couldn't wait to get out today and hit the bank.

I headed out to the Rawsonville Road Michigan DNR Boat Ramp. In the first 20 minutes of putting lines in the water I had 2 good carp runs and non-committal run that I feel sure was a catfish.

Things were just getting interesting when a pleasure boater sped away from the boat ramp close to shore and ran right over the top of my fishing lines. I am sure he was within 30 feet of the bank. Line started peeling of my middle rod at a fast clip. Luckily, I was able grab the rod before the boater pulled it into the water to save my $100 rod and $50 reel.

Near the Belleville Lake DNR boat launch

Not even 15 minutes later, a bass fisherman trolling nearby threw his spinner bait over two of my lines and snagged them. I am 100% confident he knew exactly where I was fishing. He was within 20 feet of the bank. When he untangled the lines he even had the nerve to act like it was somehow my fault! Unbelievable! That took the cake and we packed it in for today.

I hope I have better luck tomorrow at North Shore Park on Ford Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.