Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Holiday Weekend Carp Fishing Plans

I am planning out my weekend fishing schedule. I love three-day weekends. If I am lucky I can get in two carp fishing sessions -- one on Friday afternoon and then another on Saturday.

I can't decide between Detroit River, Ford Lake, Belleville Lake, and Sterling State Park. Since it's a holiday weekend boat and jet ski traffic will be heavier than normal, so Ford Lake is probably not a good idea -- not at my regular spot anyway. Belleville would be a little better at certain locations, but in spots boat traffic can be annoying there as well for a shore fisherman. Sometimes boaters don't realize how far out we cast for carp. I can cast 70-80 yards without any trouble.

My best carp from the Detroit River weighed 12 pounds last year and I'm convinced that 30 pound carp are quite possible from the river. I definitely need to fish there more this summer.

Hopefully I'll post up some pictures of big carp later this weekend. Check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I have turned on moderation for comments to prevent spam. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible.